Pryor Media Changelog
This page contains all updates related to the Pryor Media network and its users
Please note that in this changelog, only fixes that affect the appearance and operation of the site for visitors and members of the network are listed. Other minor changes are not noted.
Version 1.8 – August 1, 2015
- Server Infrastructure Updated! New box, new IP, new things to play with under the hood! Completely secure with SSH Key-only access to server functions! NO MORE PASSWORDS!
- With no Pryor Media Instant subscribers remaining. Program completely closed. All clients moved to their very own VPS! Woot!
- Massive data flush to remove all transient and unnecessary data and files from everywhere. 146 themes deleted, over 50 plugins removed from the site
- Multisite Demolished. Reverted site back to single WordPress install to finalize transition away from in-network website management for client websites.
- SALE: Web hosting sale announced. Details here.
Version 1.7 – May 12, 2015
- Transition to Cornerstone begins at Pryor Media
- Half of all pages assembled with new page builder, with some minor aesthetic changes
- Internal communication policy updates related to how we communicate with remaining Pryor Media Instant subscribers.
- Hosting plan updates, including technology improvements
- NEW: Hosting services now included HHVM!
- Training policy updates and other minor tweaks to the site.
- Minor security improvements
Version 1.6 – February 1, 2015
- DISCONTINUED INSTANT PROGRAM ENROLLMENT
- Existing users remain active as long as they would like to be.
- Removed 3 theme templates due to compatibility issues related to the latest version of WordPress.
Version 1.5 – August 23, 2014
- Members Area Overhauled with new features
- Community features include discussion forums, inter-connected profiles, messaging, and more.
- Removed 1 theme template due to lack of developer support for the latest version of WordPress.
Version 1.3 – August 4, 2014
- Complete software overhaul and update for all users and sites
- Implemented more advanced security measures network wide
- Updated Pryor Media website for faster performance and lighter load
- REMOVED 3 theme templates due to security concerns.
- Prepped site for community engagement features and forums
- Updated Livechat system to flatten a few bugs.
- Pricing changes for Instant Program
- ADDED NEW SERVICE: Website Consultation Services
Version 1.2.5 – April 09, 2014
- Added 4 new theme templates for all users
- REMOVED 2 theme templates due to security concerns.
- “Easy Mode” enters public beta within Pryor Media Instant Sites. You’ll see an “Activate easy mode” button in your toolbars now so that you can try things out for yourself while things are being configured further.
- Minor security updates and general workflow and performance improvements
Version 1.2.2 – March 07, 2014
- ADDED 87 NEW THEMES – yes… that number is correct. 87 New Themes for members to choose from.
- Corrected a glitch that prevented Silver members from creating forums with compatible themes.
- General performance improvements.
Version 1.2 – March 07, 2014
- NEW SERVERS! – Pryor Media is now much faster for everyone! Yay!
- Added server level caching and gzip compression to dramatically reduce loading times for all sites.
- System is now robust, and will improve as more users take advantage of the service over time.
Version 1.1.1 – March 02, 2014
- Added 6 new theme templates
- Added 3 new premium features for Gold Subscribers
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from assigning their own domain to their site
- Improved site performance through more intelligent caching.
- Added HTTP Expires Headers for every website, standard, to improve performance.
Version 1.1 – February 28, 2014
- Instant Pricing Changes for Silver and Gold subscription levels
- REMOVED: 30 day free trial for Instant Websites program
- NEW: Installed 60 day money-back promise to replace Instant trials
- Added 30 new theme templates for Instant subscribers, bringing total theme count to over 200.
- Improved security on signup screens by installing SSL security encryption
Version 1.0.8 – February 27, 2014
- Migrated all network sites to a new hosting environment, improving performance network wide.
- Added 14 new Apps for Instant subscribers or varying levels
- Added 5 new theme templates to the network, and updated all existing themes.
- Improved signup process.
- Increased Affiliate Program revenue by 10%
Version 1.0.5 – February 23, 2014
- Addressed caching issue that was slowing down websites.
- Added 3 new Apps for all subscribers
- Improved SEO defaults to reflect latest Google algorithm changes
- Fixed a bug that was causing admin hangups on a couple websites.
- Improved CDN support for main site to improve network load times.
- Various security fixes.
Version 1.0.4 – February 18, 2014
- Added 5 new theme templates for Silver and Gold members
- Added 4 new apps for Silver and Gold members
- Improved video hosting for website product videos (main site only)
- Added email contact form to video embeds, letting people request more info. (main site only)
- Various speed improvements and optimizations network-wide.
Version 1.0.3 – February 17, 2014
- Added 12 new theme templates for Silver and Gold members.
- Added pricing information to Instant websites detail page.
- NEW FEATURE: Support Ticket System installed for Instant subscribers
- Instant “Free Trial” returned to standard 30-day length
- Changelog now linked at the bottom of site with version number
Version 1.0.2 – February 15, 2014
- Main site code updated for newest software
- Network “Plugins” rebranded to “Apps”
- Apps management interface overhauled and improved
- Pricing structure adjusted for Instant program
- Backend support FAQ updated
- Fixed default theme bug with new sites
Version 1.0.1 – February 13, 2014
- General bug fixes
- NEW FEATURE: Integrated video tutorials added throughout admin interface for all sites
- Added video promotions to Basic, Plus, and Complete pages.
Version 1.0 – February 11, 2014
- Initial Release